jjsblog1

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

mail art in Texas

I've mentioned to many mail art friends that Garland, TX feels like an art wasteland so I'm very dependent on the mail art museum that is my mailbox for a feeling of connected-ness to artistic energy. It's incredible that it's a global family! Yesterday's mail brought me greetings and art from Uruguay (thanks Clemente!) and Brazil (thanks Jose--I can't make an accent, sorry). I'm mailing to Japan, Texas, Florida, Utah and Hawaii today--and who knows what might be waiting once I get to the post office! (Anticipation is a lovely part of the whole mail art thing for me.) Tuesdays are generally my slowest mail days, but it's hard to guess what might show up.

A.1's Michael was telling me that his mail service has really slipped because sometimes he doesn't get mail til noon--my mail at the house doesn't show up until 4 or 5 p.m.--pretty lousy, huh? At the P.O. I can count on it being there by 10:30 a.m. which is earlier than I usually get there. Heck, it's earlier than I usually roll out of bed...

1 Comments:

At Thursday, October 07, 2004, Blogger Ruud Janssen said...

My P.O. Box opens at 7.30h

That is when I pass by, just before I go to work in breda. On the way to work I even start to scan the mail I get.......

Mail is fully integrated in my life..

Ruud

 

Post a Comment

<< Home