jjsblog1

Saturday, January 15, 2005

it's ridiculous

Hours on mail art and only one thing ready to go out tomorrow. Sigh. But closer on a few. Zeerocksed the latest documentation pages for the fluxus bucks, addressed the last few envelopes for the artists on those pages and then stuffed doc and bucks into them. Most are people I've come to enjoy a note from so have to include one from me to them so I'll get one back. Shuffling through the outgoing envelopes I see mostly stuff with an abundance of stickers. Sometimes it's all stamped. Other times I'm using envelopes I've received and not doing a whole lot to alter them. Sometimes I start with a blank and bland envelope and use rubber stamps or colored pencils or both or maybe markers. Sometimes watercolor can be fun and collage is always a big favorite. Am I suffering from a multiple personality disorder? I mean, shouldn't one adopt a style? Or something? Nevermind. I do this because I CAN be scattered and no one seems to mind.

I got a haircut today. I'm much cuter now.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, January 15, 2005, Blogger Ed Giecek said...

Julie... I've received a sample of all the "styles" of mail from you that you've described above... Somehow (usually your handwritten address) they all do have your trademark look them. I don't even have to look for the return address to know it'z frum fluxus flow ebb and tide with a garland TX.

I think some of the funnest mail has been those (there've been a few...) envelopes that we have passed back and forth for several trips -- often with the original postage stamp carrying the weight! (Dontcha tell Henry...) There wuz a post card like that too, but I think it finally got lost in the mail... or maybe it wore out!

See you in the mail...

--ed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home